2016 Ford Police Interceptor's Latest Features:
- Liftgate: Similar to the consumer version of the Explorer, officers can now push a button to unlock the rear liftgate mechanism instead of having to use a key. The liftgate remains unlocked for 45 seconds, so officers to access the cargo area, then it relocks itself.
- Rear Camera: The new model gets a rear camera with a washer mechanism. The view can seen from a 4-inch screen in the center stack. If police department prefers, they can have the view displayed on the rear-view mirror instead.
- Emergency Lights: There are 25 different light-blinking patterns. The lights are now better integrated into the new front and rear fascia, Ford says, "allowing for a more seamless design and a stealthier look for patrol duty." The wig-wag high-beam lights are incandescents.
- Electrical: The electric system has been improved to better accommodate the extra police equipment.
- Available Surveillance Mode: Technology detects if someone approaches the vehicle from behind and automatically raises the windows and locks the doors.
USA Today and Detroit Free Press both covered this announcement and included photos of the 2016 Ford Police Interceptor Utility. Featured in these photos are the Havis Universal Tablet Mount as well as a Havis console and mounting solution. We take pride in our strong OEM relationships, and will continue to collaborate with Ford to stay up-to-date on the latest vehicle models to provide high quality, vehicle-specific solutions for our customers.