Distracted driving has a cost.
This represents about 10 percent of all motor vehicle fatalities and 18 percent of all nonfatal crashes. These crashes cost $39.7 billion in 2010, roughly 16 percent of all economic costs from motor vehicle crashes.
Figures like these illustrate the importance of employees staying focused behind the wheel. It's why Havis recently introduced its new Screen Blanking Solutions to help combat driver distraction.
Powered by Blank-It, screen blanking provides an easy, safe and legally compliant way to manage in-vehicle computer displays and prevent driver distraction.
Some key features of Havis Screen Blanking Solutions:
It's easy to install in any fleet.
- Our screen blanking is self-contained and independent.
- Can be embedded in a docking station or secured in a customized cage.
- No drilling, hardwiring, antennae or GPS required for installation or use. Does not rely on third party applications that may void vehicle warranty.
Screen Blanking makes vehicles safer, while reducing the potential costs associated with accidents.
- Once activated, the screen display locks to prevent or restrict use of the in-vehicle computer.
- Screen Blanking reduces visual, cognitive and physical distractions by limiting device functionality when vehicles are in motion.
Screen Blanking is flexible.
- Havis Screen Blanking Solutions, with the help of Havis Docking and Mounting solutions, can be configured for a variety of work environments, such as warehouses or on the road.
- Used by fleets of all sizes in a number of fields, including utility, public safety and the service industry.
- Screen blanking allows you to still access programs defined by your company.
Your company is responsible for making sure your employees, your fleet and the public are safe. With screen blanking, you've prepared your fleet for current and future regulations governing display equipment in work vehicles.
Havis welcomes the opportunity to introduce you to its Screen Blanking Solutions and all of its products and services. Contact us today to learn more.